Newest Post

ZBRUSH!!!!

| Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Read more »
I've begun my wonderful spiral down the Zbrush trail!! I messed with Mudbox a few years ago and got a good grasp of its tools and made some small things here and there but I'm starting to concentrate and learn Zbrush and hope to put up some wonderfully yummy images I create some time before the end of the year!


............stay tuned

ZBRUSH!!!!

Posted by : Jason Johnson
Date :Tuesday, September 28, 2010
With 0comments
Tag :

Finished Product

| Sunday, September 26, 2010
Read more »
I have it completed! I do have to admit the texturing isn't the all time best. I need to work on my UVW unwrapping skills but this is the most difficult model I've worked on. It looks good I'm happy with how the modeling came out and I will get some sort of wireframe view up as soon as I can get a little more free time to render it out.

Finished Product

Posted by : Jason Johnson
Date :Sunday, September 26, 2010
With 2comments
Tag :

Violin Update

| Saturday, September 25, 2010
Read more »

Small update. I haven't gotten a chance to really do much. I have just a small update....maybe and hour worth if that. It's just the strings and tighteners. Looking good so far though! I'd have to guess maybe 2 more hours of work to get the final small touches in the model and to texture it.

Violin Update

Posted by : Jason Johnson
Date :Saturday, September 25, 2010
With 0comments
Tag :

Violin

| Thursday, September 16, 2010
Read more »
Been working on a violin model off and on the past week. I have put in maybe 3-4 hours on the product here in the images. However I tested out about 3 or 4 ways to make the neck from reading different blogs since I never really made some thing like that before. It's almost there how ever. Another hour or two of modeling the rest of the neck and the bow and I'll be ready for some texturing! As you can see by the messy slew of images it's come together very nicely. I started with a plane that I molded into the shape of a violin. I but some symmetry to it. I created a shape from the out line and used the sweep modifier to get the nice rounded edge then scaled it down cut and created the side paneling. Another symmetry and we got the bottom (with additional cleaning to remove the holes). The neck was a helix that I lofted along then spent time bridging polys together and fine tuning. I'll admit I'm not 100% happy with it and know it could be better but it looks good and like all my stuff I always think I can make it better. So at the end of the day I'll add a mesh smooth modifier to the stack and call it good. The image below is what it'd look like wit that modifier applied.

I just had to take a break from architectural modeling and try to start adding other pieces to my portfolio to show that I can model and render out more then just an architectural interior or exterior scene. I'm a good modeler and I    really want to better my self so I need to start working on improving in the things that I don't do often. I'd really like to start modeling characters. Never been able to do them well sine I never actually sat down to model one really. So that could be a fun project to do next along with learning Maya again since EVERY one of the companies I know of use Maya and I'm in 3DS Max....the ugly cousin....

Violin

Posted by : Jason Johnson
Date :Thursday, September 16, 2010
With 0comments
Tag :

Been busy with other things...

| Saturday, September 4, 2010
Read more »
I've been just taking a break and also been looking into other techniques in graphic design. I created my first ever digital style painting. I believe I did a good job. I watched over YouTube videos and read articles and how-too's on how people are getting what they get and how they go about getting there. My next step would be purchasing a Wacom table but that wouldn't be for a while they are up there a bit in price..... least the ones I like! hah

Been busy with other things...

Posted by : Jason Johnson
Date :Saturday, September 4, 2010
With 0comments
Tag :
Next Prev
▲Top▲